VIDEO: Parson Drove community comes together to plant orchard
- Credit: Archant
THE people of Parson Drove came together on Saturday to plant a community orchard.
Residents of all ages took part in the ceremonial planting organised by Parson Drove Street Pride, who carry out community projects to improve the village.
The fruit tree was planted on an allotment plot donated by Parson Drove Parish Council.
Those who took part in the tree planting were awarded a certificate to mark the occasion.
Rebecca Robinett, Street Pride coordinator for Fenland District Council, said: “It is an execllent project for the community to be a part of because the village takes ownership of the orchard and it is theirs to look after.”
You may also want to watch:
Street Pride groups have been set up throughout Fenland to encourage residents to become more active in looking after their community,
The Parson Drove group is working to restore the village pond.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
Some of the overgrown trees will be cut back and new trees will be planted in the pond.