VIDEO: Parson Drove community comes together to plant orchard
- Credit: Archant
THE people of Parson Drove came together on Saturday to plant a community orchard.
Residents of all ages took part in the ceremonial planting organised by Parson Drove Street Pride, who carry out community projects to improve the village.
The fruit tree was planted on an allotment plot donated by Parson Drove Parish Council.
Those who took part in the tree planting were awarded a certificate to mark the occasion.
Rebecca Robinett, Street Pride coordinator for Fenland District Council, said: “It is an execllent project for the community to be a part of because the village takes ownership of the orchard and it is theirs to look after.”
Street Pride groups have been set up throughout Fenland to encourage residents to become more active in looking after their community,
The Parson Drove group is working to restore the village pond.
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 3 Missing woman back home
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 6 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 7 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 8 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 9 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 10 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
Some of the overgrown trees will be cut back and new trees will be planted in the pond.