VIDEO: Police on Fenland recruitment drive for special constables
CAMBRIDGESHIRE Police are on a recruitment drive in Fenland looking for volunteers to become special officers.
The Rosmini Centre, Wisbech, will be holding the event on Saturday between 11am and 1pm which special officers will attend to highlight their work and encourage people to join.
Known as the “Specials”, volunteers, who come from all walks of life, have the same powers as regular officers and wear similar uniforms. They need to work for a minimum of four hours each week and provide a vital link between communities and the police.
Inspector Andy Sullivan, Wisbech Neighbourhood Policing Team, said: “This event is for anyone interested in joining the police ‘Specials’ voluntary service.
“This recruitment event aims to recruit people from the local community who are prepared to offer their time to make their neighbourhood a safer place for everyone.
You may also want to watch:
“Successful applicants will work with the established neighbourhood policing teams. There will be Specials and Police Community Support Officers on the day to talk about their role in the community. Come along and see what a great difference you can make to your community.”
- 1 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 2 Floral tributes laid for ‘amazing brother’ killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 3 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 4 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 5 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 6 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 7 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 8 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 9 Chatteris drug dealers handed community orders
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl