VIDEO: Police release footage of moment hare coursers were uncovered in Sawtry farmland
- Credit: Archant
Police have released aerial footage of the moment four men were found hiding in bushes after being reported for hare coursing.
Officers attended an incident on farmland in Sawtry on December 13 last year, after receiving reports of six men trespassing and hare coursing on the land.
A police helicopter was deployed and six men were reported for summons to appear at Huntingdon Magistrates’ Court. A dog, two vehicles and cash were also seized.
Charlie Doherty, 25, from Newton Road, Rushden, Northamptonshire, Francis Doherty, 37, from Gipsey Lane, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, James Doran, 35, from London Road, Basildon, Essex and John-Brian Lee Senior, 43, from Gipsey Lane, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, were all charged with two counts of daytime trespass by five or more in pursuit of game.
All four pleaded not guilty to both charges however all were found guilty on November 5 and each received a £300 fine, ordered to pay £300 in costs and forfeit the vehicles.
You may also want to watch:
A 16-year-old boy and a 13-year-old boy were given youth cautions for the offence.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home