VIDEO: Reliant Robin reduced to charred heap of metal in March car fire
THIS charred heap of metal is all that remains of a red Reliant Robin after a car fire in March this morning.
The old vehicle burst into flames on the corner of Broad Street and Grays Lane, shortly before 11am.
The fire - thought to have been caused by a mechanical fault - completely destroyed the Reliant and also damaged another vehicle, which was parked next to it.
A fire service spokesman said: “One crew from March attended the incident and firefighters used two hose reels to extinguish the fire.
“The cause of the fire was accidental.”
You may also want to watch:
Nobody was injured in the blaze.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'