Dashcam captures the moment motorcyclist narrowly misses car
- Credit: Les Herridge
A motorcyclist had a near miss along a Fenland road when they were inches away from hitting a car.
The motorcyclist was heading along the B1093 Wimblington Road out of Manea on September 9 when they saw a Mercedes approach as it tried to overtake an agricultural vehicle.
Les Herridge was heading back from Upwell when he captured dashcam footage of the terrifying moment.
He said: "The final approach to Manea from Wimblington Road is fairly narrow and the near side is in poor condition.
"A Mercedes driver, who seemed not to know there was a T junction coming up, shot past us and tailgated the Mantis, furiously sounding his horn multiple times, trying to overtake.”
Les said many motorists drive down the centre of Wimblington Road to "avoid ending up in the ditch" and thinks the driver of the Mantis had "little choice.
"The Mantis driver ran a real risk of being pulled into the nearside ditch," he said.
- 1 Drug-driver killed co-worker on B1101 Elm Road in March
- 2 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 3 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
- 4 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 5 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 6 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 7 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 8 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Jailed: 58-year-old burglar who stole £57,000 BMW M4 in Wisbech
- 10 Herts man charged with alleged attempted robbery at village Co-op
“Most local drivers are familiar with the problem and keep away from the damaged section of the road.”
Les added: "The Mantis driver would have seen us keeping our distance behind him and was probably as surprised as we were to have a vehicle attempting to pass both of us."