VIDEO: The Best of Britain summer parade needs the Best of March to lend a hand
- Credit: Archant
THE Summer Festival Parade will return to March on June 8 and it promises to be one of the highlights of the town’s year.
This year’s event, which is expected to attract thousands of revellers, has a Best of British theme.
Floats will make their way up Broad Street during a colourful parade and music, dancing and excitement are guaranteed.
Councillor Rob Skoulding, who is organising the event with Graham Lichfield, would like the people of March to immerse themselves in what he says will be a memorable occasion,
He said: “Some people think the Best of British is Minis, others think it’s the Beatles.
You may also want to watch:
“It doesn’t matter what you think, we would like to involve anyone in the town to show off what they do.
“It would be great if we could get the Chinese restaurants involved to do dragon floats for the parade.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 5 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 6 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 9 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 10 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
“Everyone knows the summer festival is a fantastic event and a great weekend.”
The parade is open to all clubs, businesses and individuals. If you are keen to get involved email GLITCH2477@AOL.COM or ROBSKOULDING@AOL.COM