VIDEO: Unlikely ‘visitor’ to St George’s Fayre exits the town centre .....in a cardboard box
- Credit: Archant
One of the most unlikely ‘visitors’ to St George’s Fayre was this baby fox cub found by a group of youngsters in some outbuildings.
The youngsters who found it near to the Acre yards picked it up and set off to find someone to hand it to- and as Sgt Martin Monger was on hand he was the plucky recipient.
A card board box was promptly rustled up, and one of his officers was then dispatched back to the police station to await collection by the RSPCA.
“Unusual for sure but all in a day’s work,” said Sgt Monger as he returned to overseeing policing on one of the town’s busiest days of the year.
Thousands turned up for the event but behaviour was reported as exemplary.
You may also want to watch:
Even the baby fox didn’t make a fuss (or a mess) as she was taken away.
- 1 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 2 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 6 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 7 Man who sent deputy Labour leader threatening email spared jail
- 8 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 9 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 10 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused