VIDEO: Wisbech strongest man competition sees competitors push themselves to the limit
- Credit: Archant
Musclebound competitors pushed themselves to the limit in the quest to be named Wisbech’s strongest man.
The competition, which included traditional events like the bench press, log lift, farmers walk and atlas stones, was held at Wisbech’s Ironworks Gym.
There were separate competitions for over and under 18s.
The event was the brainchild of gym founder Martin Green, Fenland’s former strongest man and multiple Eastern Counties Body Building Champion.
Green once found himself banned from using other local gyms for being too loud and intimidating while training.
You may also want to watch:
Left with nowhere to train, he saved up for more than six years to set up Ironworks Gym.
It started in a shed in his own back garden with only 15 members but has grown into Wisbech’s largest gym, with more than 200 members.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town