VIDEO: You Tube captures the moment Fenland councillor told a motorist precisely what she thought....
- Credit: Archant
ANGRY councillor Florrie Newell told a motorist who confronted her in a road rage incident he was an “a*****ole” She also shouted at him: “I’ll tell you straight- drop dead”
The clips of conversation were captured on camera by the other driver who has now posted the road rage incident to You Tube.
Cllr Newell, a Fenland district councillor, chairman of the corporate governance committee and a former chairman of Chatteris Town Council, said she remembers seeing the other motorist “filming something”.
She also recalls making a “derogatory remark” but says she was firmly in the right and it was the motorist who took the film who was in the wrong.
Cllr Newell said the incident happened when the other driver failed to wait whilst an obstruction on his side of the road was cleared.
You may also want to watch:
“He should have pulled in and I was already past parked cars with nowhere to go,” she said.
Cllr Newell said the incident happened at the Gaul Road/ Burrowmoor Road junction in March town centre and only yards from March Police Station.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
“I eventually reversed into a space my side and he went by” she said. “I was always taught that if the obstruction is my side of the road to pull up but he kept coming.
“I put my hands in the air to say ‘what are you doing?’.”
Cllr Newell added: “My husband was with me- he said that had he have been a few years younger he would have gotten out of the car and said something.”
Police sources said whatever happened “was outside of our hearing”.