Have your say on 2,000-home estate plans in March
- Credit: Fenland District Council
Residents are being asked to share their views on proposals for an estate including around 2,000 new homes and a primary school in March.
Persimmon Homes (East Midlands) Ltd has been working with Fenland District Council (FDC) and other stakeholders on preparing a draft Broad Concept Plan (BCP) for the development, known as West March.
The BCP will help shape the extension to West March, which aims to deliver new homes, at least one primary school, green spaces and a local centre with shops and other facilities.
Cllr Dee Laws, portfolio holder for planning at FDC, said: “The BCP sets out how West March will grow.
“It is an important document which demonstrates a shared commitment to develop the area, enabling it to thrive and prosper.
“People living in the area will be affected by this plan and what it sets out to achieve for the benefit of the local community, the town and Fenland as a whole.”
The deadline to submit your views is midnight on June 14.
The development, part of the council’s local plan and March neighbourhood plan, is expected to be completed over the next 20 years.
To see the BCP, visit: https://www.fenland.gov.uk/WestMarchBCP or for more information, email email@example.com or call FDC on 01354 654321.
- 1 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 2 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Cannabis factory uncovered in Fen village
- 5 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 6 Grandmother calls to shut west Norfolk lakes where man, 20, drowned
- 7 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 8 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 9 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 10 'Gone but never forgotten' - tributes left by lake where man drowned