Village enjoys best gala event ever as hundreds turn out for family fun in the sun
- Credit: Archant
Village rallies together for what has been called the best Manea Gala ever
The event always attracts crowds and raises hundreds but this year one of the organisers, Stephen Short, said: “I think we can say that was the best ever.
“I would like to thank every single person that participated to make it an awesome day.
“I would like to thank everyone personally, but the list is endless, and I may accidently miss someone out, so thank you to everyone who visited, loaned equipment, volunteered in any way whatsoever, all the stall holders and attraction providers and to Rachael Taylor, for facing her fears, and driving the 400 miles to support me.
“It really was an awesome day and I’m so proud, satisfied and overwhelmed to read all the comments on our Facebook page.
You may also want to watch:
“I am just a single sprocket in our gala gear box but we’ve got a great committee and we know how to put on a good show.
“Still can’t believe the amount of people we had attending.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour