Village enjoys best gala event ever as hundreds turn out for family fun in the sun
- Credit: Archant
Village rallies together for what has been called the best Manea Gala ever
The event always attracts crowds and raises hundreds but this year one of the organisers, Stephen Short, said: “I think we can say that was the best ever.
“I would like to thank every single person that participated to make it an awesome day.
“I would like to thank everyone personally, but the list is endless, and I may accidently miss someone out, so thank you to everyone who visited, loaned equipment, volunteered in any way whatsoever, all the stall holders and attraction providers and to Rachael Taylor, for facing her fears, and driving the 400 miles to support me.
“It really was an awesome day and I’m so proud, satisfied and overwhelmed to read all the comments on our Facebook page.
“I am just a single sprocket in our gala gear box but we’ve got a great committee and we know how to put on a good show.
“Still can’t believe the amount of people we had attending.”
- 1 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 4 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 5 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 6 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 7 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 8 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 9 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 10 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body