Village hall will move to the rec
PLANS for a new village hall in Christchurch have taken another step forward after villagers agreed proposals for a new hall on the recreation ground. A working committee is now set to be created to further progress proposals for the new hall, planned to
PLANS for a new village hall in Christchurch have taken another step forward after villagers agreed proposals for a new hall on the recreation ground.
A working committee is now set to be created to further progress proposals for the new hall, planned to be an extension to the sports pavilion in Upwell Road.
More than 80 villagers attended a public meeting, at the village hall and agreed that proposals to extend the pavilion provided the most feasible option.
Mike Mulholland, secretary of Christchurch Action Team which sponsored the meeting, said: "It had been agreed, at a previous meeting held by a committee consisting of representatives from the Parish Council, Christchurch Action Team and the Memorial Hall Committee, that it was an uneconomical proposition to refurbish or rebuild the present village hall on its present location."
You may also want to watch:
The hall is being moved to the recreation ground, as previous initiatives to bring it to the town centre came to nothing and refurbishment of the present hall would not meet future village requirements.
The parish council also owns the recreation ground, suggested as the site for the new hall.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire