Village priest is officially licensed to serve at churches including Wisbech St Mary, Guyhirn, Gorefield and Murrow
- Credit: Archant
A new priest has been licensed to serve in villages surrounding Wisbech St Mary.
The Reverend Ryk Parkinson was licensed as priest in charge of the parishes of Wisbech St Mary with Guyhirn and Rings End, Gorefield and Southea with Murrow and Parson Drove.
He said: “I am delighted to be continuing my ministry to the people of these villages in my new role as their Priest in Charge.”
In a service at Emmanuel Church, Parson Drove, the Bishop of Huntingdon, the Right Reverend Doctor David Thomson licensed Reverend Ryk in a service with a church full of parish members, local clergy and friends.
The service was followed by the traditional afternoon tea and cakes which had been baked by members of the congregations.
You may also want to watch:
Reverend Ryk was ordained in 2007 after careers in the army and as a college lecturer.
For the last six years he has been the associate priest in the three parishes.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens