Villagers buoyed as Santa’s sleigh spreads festive cheer
- Credit: Archant
Villagers turned out in force once again to meet Santa as he steamed through Doddington to provide some festive cheer.
Children and adults were able to wave to Santa, albeit from a distance, in his illuminated sleigh as he waded through the village between December 11-13.
The annual Santa Run, which has taken place for around 20 years, raises funds for the Doddington Carnival and Sports Committee, which had to cancel its usual summer event due to Covid-19 restrictions.
Residents also had the choice of donating on social media or in person this year because of the pandemic.
Jason Shepherd, committee chairman, said the final amount raised is not yet known, but he was overjoyed by the turnout.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a great atmosphere,” he said. “Everyone respected the rules, and although it was very different to previous years, it was amazing to see people still come out to support us.”
- 1 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 2 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 3 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 4 Victim left with serious injuries after McDonald's car park attack
- 5 Solicitor firm embraces legal sector apprenticeship scheme
- 6 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 7 'Emotional' quartet complete 10k for villager Paul
- 8 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 9 'Unprecedented crisis’ over school bus drivers
- 10 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps