Villagers buoyed as Santa’s sleigh spreads festive cheer
- Credit: Archant
Villagers turned out in force once again to meet Santa as he steamed through Doddington to provide some festive cheer.
Children and adults were able to wave to Santa, albeit from a distance, in his illuminated sleigh as he waded through the village between December 11-13.
The annual Santa Run, which has taken place for around 20 years, raises funds for the Doddington Carnival and Sports Committee, which had to cancel its usual summer event due to Covid-19 restrictions.
Residents also had the choice of donating on social media or in person this year because of the pandemic.
Jason Shepherd, committee chairman, said the final amount raised is not yet known, but he was overjoyed by the turnout.
“It was a great atmosphere,” he said. “Everyone respected the rules, and although it was very different to previous years, it was amazing to see people still come out to support us.”
- 1 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 2 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 5 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 6 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 7 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 8 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
- 9 Jury challenged to consider 'substantial body of evidence' pointing to Rikki's killer
- 10 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'