Vintage fun day helps raise funds for new Curlew Centre at Sutton Bridge
SUTTON Bridge Community Centre Fund helped to raise money for the village’s new Curlew Centre by hosting a vintage family fun day at Memorial Park.
Hundreds turned out for the event and were treated to displays of vintage vehicles, Kingfisher model boats and a fly-past by a WWII Lancaster bomber.
Other attractions included a car boot sale, bouncy castle, sumo wrestling and gladiator fight as well as a barbeque which was provided by Silverwood Tea Rooms.
Altogether over �400 was raised and SBCCF Chairman Alan Barber, 44, said: “It was a great success. Lots of people turned up, many more than we expected, and everyone had a fantastic time in the beautiful weather.
“There were lots of fun things to do and the fly-past was absolutely fantastic. The children looked to have had a lot of fun on the sumo wrestling and gladiator fighting too”.
You may also want to watch:
Since the centre opened in December last year a new library has been built inside. It is run by a group of 24 volunteers with books being donated by the Sutton Bridge public. The money raised will go towards helping run the centre.
The centre also hosts a Citizen’s Advice Bureau one day a week as well as various dance and fitness classes in the function room.
- 1 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 2 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 6 Man who sent deputy Labour leader threatening email spared jail
- 7 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 8 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 9 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 10 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
The hall is available to book, anyone who wishes to do so can contact the Centre on 01406 351122 visit www.thecurlewcentre.co.uk