Police want to speak to March men about violent robbery in Newport, Wales, where £7,000 of jewellery was stolen and a man in his 80s was assaulted
- Credit: Archant
Police want to speak to two March men about a violent robbery where a man in his 80s was assaulted in Wales.
They are appealing for information to locate 27-year-old Lukascz Kirylczuk and Lukascz Weckowicz, 32, from the March area of Cambridgeshire, who are suspected to have stolen £7,000 worth of jewellery.
The incident happened in Newport on Saturday September 9.
Police said: “Two men pretended to be customers before distracting and assaulting the staff member, leaving his with a cut to the eye.
“The offenders went on to cause damage to a display case and made off with approximately £7,000 worth of jewellery.
You may also want to watch:
“The investigation is ongoing and no arrests have been made at this time.”
If you have any information relating to the whereabouts of these men, please contact Gwent Police on 101 quoting log number 231 09/09/17 or anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 3 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 4 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 5 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 6 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 7 Photographer captures the ‘sonic boom’ RAF Typhoon on camera
- 8 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 9 Slimmer's life-changing weight loss story
- 10 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son