Visit from Colin and his 1946 MG sports car puts smiles on Heron House residents’ faces
- Credit: Archant
Residents at Heron House, Aria Court Care Home in March had an unusual visitor yesterday as Colin Harris and his wife Liz arrived in a 1946 MG sports car.
The visit was organised by Rosemary Westwell, whose husband is in the care home. She has been visiting her husband there for his birthday annually, arriving in unusual forms of transport each year.
Previously Rosemary has flown over the care home in a Cessna, arrived on the back of a Harley Davidson motor bike and in a 1927 Alvis.
She said: “I began doing this to highlight the needs of my husband and others who are suffering from dementia.
“Much more needs to be done to support families who have a loved one with the disease.
You may also want to watch:
Colin said of the visit: “As with all old things, they need a fair amount of TLC and maintenance but that is part and parcel of the attraction… and it beats watching the television.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack