Visitors raised a glass to 150 beers at the Elgoods Beer Festival
- Credit: Archant
The fourth Elgood’s beer festival was a huge success with more than 1,000 people travelling to Wisbech from across the country to enjoy the brews on offer.
The three day festival was part of a Society of Independent Brewers Association (SIBA) competition which boasted 150 different beers from brewers across the eastern region.
Elgoods Director Jenny Everall said: “People travelled from far and wide to come to the festival. We had visitors from Bristol and a group from Dudley. The turn out was a great success.”
Thursday saw the beer competition which saw 150 entries from small micro breweries as well as larger more commercially known companies.
Winner was a beer called Encore from the Great Yarmouth brewery Lacon.
You may also want to watch:
On Friday and Saturday the public were allowed to go along and sample what was on offer including the Elgood award winning entry Plum Porter.
The festival included the launch of a new type of reusable pint glass and had barbecue food and live music.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 3 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 4 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 7 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 10 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage