Vivien Fire Engine Trust will attend March Summer Festival as mark of respect for a kind and genuine lady
- Credit: Archant
I would like to share with your readers Patsy Brewin’s sincerity and generosity in support of our almost 84-year-old Borough of Wisbech fire engine, Vivien.
She rode on it during a March Carnival event about four years ago. I extended the lanyard on the bell so that she could comfortably ring it, which she did throughout the entire route.
But she also gave consideration to sponsoring what she called ‘her fire engine’ in this event – and I quote from a thank you card she sent to me saying she would do so.
We will attend this year’s carnival parade with Vivien as a mark of respect for such a kind and genuine lady who will be sadly missed by many people and organisations in March and surrounding area – a lady who was held in great esteem.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman, The Vivien Fire Engine Trust
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Man found dead in March
- 7 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 10 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
Patsy Brewin’s letter to Vivien Fire Engine Trust:
Dear George & fellow members,
I do thank you for the wonderful turnout you always put on for the citizens of March & around.
We look forward to me sponsoring this until the end of my days.
Yours very sincerely