Volunteer Adrian scoops top rail award for work at March station
- Credit: Archant
A railway volunteer has won a top award for keeping March rail station on the right track.
Adrian Sutterby collected the Personal Contribution award at Greater Anglia’s Station Adopters’ Awards for his hard work at the town’s station during a celebration at Ipswich Town Football Club.
Adrian has been volunteering at the station for a many years and, along with the Friends of March Station, has worked tirelessly to revamp the station.
He has transformed the platforms, with the support of a growing team of volunteers, into a warm and welcoming place with seasonal planting, and the group has also held a number of successful events, including a nostalgic 1940s day.
He has also been instrumental in building a team of volunteers to work at the station which has given them the scope to increase their activities.
You may also want to watch:
Andrew Goodrum, Greater Anglia’s customer service director, said: “Adrian is the eyes and ears of the station. His valuable work leaves me with no doubt that he plays a crucial role in the customer service for March station, and we are very pleased to recognise the work he does for us, our customers, and the wider community of March.”
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man found dead in March
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 7 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 8 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 9 Emporium takes business to next level