Volunteers needed at Whittlesey Museum
STEWARDS are needed at Whittlesey Museum on a rota system.
Volunteers are partnered with other established stewards so knowledge of the town or the museum is not necessary.
Help is also needed with school visits and to undertake various tasks with running the museum. These include changing displays, organising the manning of the museum at opening times or learning all aspects of the museum environment.
There is the opportunity of free training on various subjects connected with running a successful museum.
By becoming a volunteer you would gain a wealth of knowledge about the past. You would be serving the community, meet new friends and gain a sense of purpose and achievement.
If you are interested please contact me on 01733 840968 or call at the museum at opening times, which are: Fridays and Sundays 2.30-4.30pm or Saturdays 10am-noon.
- 1 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 2 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 3 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 4 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 5 'Why not have two stations?' - Villagers air their views on £37m rail project
- 6 Farmer ‘feeling low’ due to increasingly difficult working conditions
- 7 Jury to go out in trial of driver accused of causing toddler's death
- 8 Chatteris Fire brigade respond to nearly 20 calls in two days
- 9 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 10 Heather's Hedgehog Hotel in Chatteris officially opens