Volunteers needed at Whittlesey Museum
STEWARDS are needed at Whittlesey Museum on a rota system.
Volunteers are partnered with other established stewards so knowledge of the town or the museum is not necessary.
Help is also needed with school visits and to undertake various tasks with running the museum. These include changing displays, organising the manning of the museum at opening times or learning all aspects of the museum environment.
There is the opportunity of free training on various subjects connected with running a successful museum.
By becoming a volunteer you would gain a wealth of knowledge about the past. You would be serving the community, meet new friends and gain a sense of purpose and achievement.
You may also want to watch:
If you are interested please contact me on 01733 840968 or call at the museum at opening times, which are: Fridays and Sundays 2.30-4.30pm or Saturdays 10am-noon.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
- 9 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder