Volunteers needed for Help For Heroes collection at Wisbech Tesco
- Credit: Archant
AN IT consultant who has raised thousands for Help For Heroes taking part in mammoth bike rides is looking for volunteers to help out with a bucket collection next month.
Peter Bryant, who took part in the six-day Paris to London Big Battlefield Bike Ride which finished on Horse Guards Parade on June 2, will run the Tesco store collection at Cromwell Road, Wisbech, on September 14 and 15.
Mr Bryant, 51, of Elm, said: “We took part in a national collection for Help For Heroes in July and had a fantastic result of over £1,100.
“It would be great to match or even better that next month at Tesco.
“Lots of people have family members who have been on active service in Afghanistan or elsewhere in the past ten years.
You may also want to watch:
“Anybody who would like to help out, even if it’s just for an hour, should register.”
Mr Bryant has raised £7,800 in the last 18 months for the armed forces charity.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
Bryn Parry, chief executive and co-founder, Help for Heroes, said: “Help For Heroes is all about ‘doing your bit’ and this event is a wonderful example of people rallying support and having a great deal of fun while they raise money for a wonderful cause.
“The road to recovery is a very long and hard path and for the men and women who served in our recent conflicts the battle is only just beginning.
“We at H4H will battle for them to ensure that they get the very best support, for life. The money you raise is needed, it is being used and it is hugely appreciated.”
You can contact Peter on 07970 953403 for further information on how you can ‘do your bit’ to help or sign up to http://tesco.helpforheroes.org.uk/