Volunteers needed for March Poppy Appeal as Royal British Legion looks to match £23k raised last year
- Credit: Archant
Volunteers are needed to help with this year’s Poppy Appeal in March.
Royal British Legion poppy appeal organisers Kay and Alec Larham have sent a huge thankyou to people in town for raising more than £23,000 in last year’s appeal.
They now hope to match or even top that figure this year and are calling on helpers to sell poppies around town in the run up to remembrance day.
If you can spare a couple of hours and would like to help please contact the Poppy Appeal organiser on 01354 656034 or 07908 009378.
There is a poppy dance at the Braza Club on Friday October 17 to raise funds. Tickets are on sale at March Braza, March Royal British Legion Club and The Toy Box.
You may also want to watch:
They cost £5 and include a ploughmans supper.
A service of remembrance and concert by the City of Ely Band is being held on October 31 at Peters Church.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
Tickets cost £5 and are available from Robert Goddard, R.B. Johnson and March Royal British Legion Club.