Volunteers wanted - including someone to steam clothes - at Whittlesey EACH shop as ‘Be a name in our Frame’ campaign relaunches
- Credit: Archant
Do you fancy lending a hand to one of the region’s top charities?
East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH) has re-launched its ‘Be a Name in our Frame’ campaign and is looking for helpers across Fenland – including Whittlesey.
The Whittlesey shop, on Market Street, is looking for people to help sort through donations on Monday and Wednesday afternoons, someone to accept donations and Gift Aid on Tuesday and Thursday mornings and someone to steam crumpled clothes on Tuesday mornings and Saturdays.
The ‘Be a Name in our Frame’ campaign sees people add themselves to frames by volunteering at one of EACH’s 25 shops.
One of those volunteers is Sue Reeves. She said: “I love the social interaction with both staff and customers, and really enjoy that every day’s different – you never know how many or what type of donations will come in!”
You may also want to watch:
• To become a name in a frame at EACH in Whittlesey, drop by or call shop manager Lorna Hazeltine on 01733 200810.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover