Vote against housing proposal
COUNCILLOR Kit Owen who, without evidence, accuses Defend Council Housing of attempts to misinform , indulges in a little misinformation of his own in describing the plan to privatise Fenland s council housing as a proposal to create a new landlord ca
COUNCILLOR Kit Owen who, without evidence, accuses Defend Council Housing of "attempts to misinform", indulges in a little "misinformation" of his own in describing the plan to privatise Fenland's council housing as a "proposal to create a new landlord called Roddons Housing Association, supported by Circle Anglia" (Letters 3/11/06).
In fact Roddons will be owned entirely by Circle Anglia, not just supported by them.
With Fenland District Council capable of meeting the 'decent homes standard' by 2010, and a four per cent increase in management and maintenance allowances next year, there is no justification for such an upheaval.
Fenland tenants would be well-advised to vote against this take-over bid by Circle Anglia, masquerading as 'Roddons'.
- 1 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 2 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 3 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 4 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 5 Man charged following Peterborough murder
- 6 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 7 Domestic abuser tried to strangle and suffocate mother of his child
- 8 Clarion Housing ‘cyber incident’ affects thousands of tenants
- 9 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
- 10 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough