Vote against housing proposal
COUNCILLOR Kit Owen who, without evidence, accuses Defend Council Housing of attempts to misinform , indulges in a little misinformation of his own in describing the plan to privatise Fenland s council housing as a proposal to create a new landlord ca
COUNCILLOR Kit Owen who, without evidence, accuses Defend Council Housing of "attempts to misinform", indulges in a little "misinformation" of his own in describing the plan to privatise Fenland's council housing as a "proposal to create a new landlord called Roddons Housing Association, supported by Circle Anglia" (Letters 3/11/06).
In fact Roddons will be owned entirely by Circle Anglia, not just supported by them.
With Fenland District Council capable of meeting the 'decent homes standard' by 2010, and a four per cent increase in management and maintenance allowances next year, there is no justification for such an upheaval.
Fenland tenants would be well-advised to vote against this take-over bid by Circle Anglia, masquerading as 'Roddons'.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 2 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 3 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 4 Duke's death in midst of unprecedented times for country
- 5 Residents escape kitchen fire after bank holiday blaze
- 6 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 7 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 8 Cambridgeshire mourns death of HRH Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 Christine prepares to brave the shave for cancer-battling sister
- 10 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely