Vote against housing proposal
COUNCILLOR Kit Owen who, without evidence, accuses Defend Council Housing of attempts to misinform , indulges in a little misinformation of his own in describing the plan to privatise Fenland s council housing as a proposal to create a new landlord ca
COUNCILLOR Kit Owen who, without evidence, accuses Defend Council Housing of "attempts to misinform", indulges in a little "misinformation" of his own in describing the plan to privatise Fenland's council housing as a "proposal to create a new landlord called Roddons Housing Association, supported by Circle Anglia" (Letters 3/11/06).
In fact Roddons will be owned entirely by Circle Anglia, not just supported by them.
With Fenland District Council capable of meeting the 'decent homes standard' by 2010, and a four per cent increase in management and maintenance allowances next year, there is no justification for such an upheaval.
Fenland tenants would be well-advised to vote against this take-over bid by Circle Anglia, masquerading as 'Roddons'.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 4 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 5 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 7 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 8 Chatteris drug dealers handed community orders
- 9 Disgruntled dog owners fall foul of Wetherspoon's dog ban
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl