Vote against housing proposal
COUNCILLOR Kit Owen who, without evidence, accuses Defend Council Housing of attempts to misinform , indulges in a little misinformation of his own in describing the plan to privatise Fenland s council housing as a proposal to create a new landlord ca
COUNCILLOR Kit Owen who, without evidence, accuses Defend Council Housing of "attempts to misinform", indulges in a little "misinformation" of his own in describing the plan to privatise Fenland's council housing as a "proposal to create a new landlord called Roddons Housing Association, supported by Circle Anglia" (Letters 3/11/06).
In fact Roddons will be owned entirely by Circle Anglia, not just supported by them.
With Fenland District Council capable of meeting the 'decent homes standard' by 2010, and a four per cent increase in management and maintenance allowances next year, there is no justification for such an upheaval.
Fenland tenants would be well-advised to vote against this take-over bid by Circle Anglia, masquerading as 'Roddons'.
- 1 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 2 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 3 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 4 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 5 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 6 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 7 Santa's magical, mystery arrival in the Fens on a tractor
- 8 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 9 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 10 Crash on A141 caused by 'medical issue'