Vote for your favourite photo in stunning Cathedral at Night exhibition
- Credit: Archant
Peterborough Cathedral Visitor Centre is hosting a free exhibition until January 6 – and visitors can vote for their favourite picture.
The Cathedral at Night exhibition shows around 20 images that were shortlisted by judges of the competition.
Over 50 amateur photographers entered the Cathedral at Night competition, many of whom had taken their pictures during a candlelit evening held at the cathedral during October.
In total, nearly 130 images were submitted.
The judging panel, which included artist Tony Nero and photographer Matthew Roberts, as well as cathedral representatives, said they were very impressed with the high standard of the entries.
You may also want to watch:
“We had to make some difficult decisions in coming to our final selection, which includes both interior and exterior shots, as well as some unusual views spotted by the photographers,” said one of the judges.
The votes will be counted at the end of the exhibition and the photographers whose pictures receive the highest number of votes will win a prize.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
The exhibition is on show until January 6 and entry is free. It is open daily from 10am to 4pm on Monday to Saturday and from 11am to 4pm on Sundays (closed on Bank Holidays).
“It’s a great alternative for anyone seeking an oasis of calm whilst a loved one disappears into the sales at the nearby shopping centre,” say the cathedral.
The Cathedral Visitor Centre is on the right, facing the cathedral. Prints of photographs in the exhibition are on sale at £15 each.
The photography competition is supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.