Voting open in hunt for Fenland’s best community project for Building Design Awards
WE need YOUR help to find Fenland’s best community project from the last 12 months for this year’s Building Design Awards.
Five projects are shortlisted for this year’s Community Award - and readers are deciding the winning project.
The shortlisted schemes are:
• Octavia Hill Birthplace House, Wisbech
• George Clare Surgery, Chatteris
You may also want to watch:
• Parson Drove Surgery
• Wisbech St Mary Community Centre
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 4 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 5 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 6 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 7 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 8 Alleged paedophile released on bail
- 9 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 10 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
• Congregational Chapel, Wisbech
To vote, call 0905 721 0907 and enter code 001 for Octavia Hill Birthplace House, 002 for George Clare Surgery, 003 for Parson Drove Surgery, 004 for Wisbech St Mary Community Centre or 005 for the Congregational Chapel.
Calls cost 25p from a BT landline. However, the phone line closes at noon on Friday.
The winners of the awards, run by Fenland District Council and the Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard, will be revealed at a ceremony at the Boathouse Business Centre, in Wisbech, on Tuesday.
The results will be announced on our website the following day.
• About 40 projects were submitted for this year’s competition – including new housing estates, renovated shop fronts, converted barns and business expansions.
This year’s awards are sponsored by Collingwoods estate agents of March, Haven Home Improvements of Wisbech, Roberto Mac Recruitment of March and Rose Homes of Whittlesey.