Vouchers worth thousands of pounds available to Cambridge businesses to pay for high speed broadband
- Credit: Archant
A multi million pound scheme to support small businesses across Cambridgeshire launches today.
Destination Digital will offer grants and free advice to help hundreds of small and medium sized businesses get better broadband connections.
Businesses in Cambridge will get a voucher of up to £3,000 to pay the one-off connection cost for high speed broadband and a 40 per cent discount up to £4,000 on investing in digital products and services.
Cambridgeshire County Councillor Ian Bates said: “We want to harness Cambridge’s track record of technology innovation to ensure that businesses across the county can go on growing and compete globally – now and in the future.
“Destination Digital is offering money and expert advice to help our businesses succeed in a digital world, which is a fantastic opportunity in the current economic climate.”
You may also want to watch:
Communications Minister Ed Vaizey said: “We are witnessing a transformation of broadband in the UK which will be instrumental in driving our economic growth.
“These vouchers will save businesses in Cambridgeshire thousands of pounds, as well generating thousands more, and I strongly urge businesses to make the most of this offer to ensure they are properly equipped to compete in today’s digital age.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 9 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 10 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
Destination Digital runs until March 2015, with a limited number of grants and support packages available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Businesses can find out more and apply by going online to www.destinationdigital.info. Eligible businesses can speak to an advisor at 0800 917044.