Wait is over
The Rev Kevin Fitzgibbon was officially installed as the vicar of three Fenland churches at a special service at St Mary s Church, Welney. Monday night s licensing service ended the four-year wait for a new vicar for churchgoers at St Nicolas Church, Man
The Rev Kevin Fitzgibbon was officially installed as the vicar of three Fenland churches at a special service at St Mary's Church, Welney.
Monday night's licensing service ended the four-year wait for a new vicar for churchgoers at St Nicolas' Church, Manea, Christchurch Parish Church and St Mary's Church, Welney.
The Rev Fitzgibbon, 57, was licensed by the Bishop of Ely, the Rt Rev Dr Anthony Russell. He was also inducted as the Church Pastoral Aids Society's consultant for the eastern region by the Rev John Dunnett, the society's general director.
He has moved to the Fens after spending eight years as vicar of St Mary's Church, Eaton Socon.
You may also want to watch:
The service was followed by a buffet meal at Welney village hall.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache