Walk in the park to raise money for cancer care
- Credit: Archant
Go green with a week of activities to raise money for palliative care centres at Peterborough and Huntingdon hospitals.
The We Go Green Macmillan campaign is running in March to raise funds for the Robert Horrell Day care centre at Peterborugh and the soon to be opened Macmillan Woodlands Centre at Hinchingbrooke.
The week kick off with a walk in the park on Sunday May 15 starting at 11am at the band stand in West End.
Registration forms can be picked up in Greetings card shop in the town’s High Street.
There is then a dinner and disco on Saturday May 21 at March Conservative Club. Tickets £25 per person.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be various coffee mornings across the town, a fashion show on Wednesday May 18 hosted by the Con Dollies at the Conservative Club and a dress down day at Westwood junior School and Fenland District Council.
It is hoped local businesses will also play their part by having collection boxes on shop windowsills.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
For more information call 07961-507515.