Walkers hope to top £25,000 at this year’s Best Boob Forward event
- Credit: Archant
This year’s annual Best Boob Forward half-marathon walk will be starting at 5am on May 10 from the Glebe, in Sutton.
The walk is now in it’s eighth year having raised an impressive £22,000 for specific breast cancer research projects run by Cancer Research UK. Organisers hope to sail past the £25,000 mark this year.
Liz Hawkins, one of the founder members of the group, said “It’s great that we are still going since Debbie Smith came up with the idea all those years ago.
“We’re pleased to have been able to support research into breast cancer, but also enjoy the friendships we have made or strengthened through regular walking and talking. I particularly look forward to the breakfast at the end!”
Walkers will finish at the Glebe for a celebratory breakfast of bacon butties and fruit salad. Those wanting breakfast, either walkers or guests, please let one of the organisers know by the beginning of May so she can make sure there is enough to go round.
You may also want to watch:
A donation of £5 is requested to cover the costs of breakfast, vegetarians catered for.
The group is mostly from the Sutton and Mepal area, but anyone is welcome to take part. There is also an option to walk the last couple of miles from Mepal if you can’t manage the full 13 miles.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
To get involved please contact: Liz Thrussell on 01353 777528, Peter and Helen Malkin on 01353 777224 or Peter Smith on 01353 778665.
To sponsor the group, please go to http://www.justgiving.com/Bestboobforward-2014