Walkers hope to top £25,000 at this year’s Best Boob Forward event
- Credit: Archant
This year’s annual Best Boob Forward half-marathon walk will be starting at 5am on May 10 from the Glebe, in Sutton.
The walk is now in it’s eighth year having raised an impressive £22,000 for specific breast cancer research projects run by Cancer Research UK. Organisers hope to sail past the £25,000 mark this year.
Liz Hawkins, one of the founder members of the group, said “It’s great that we are still going since Debbie Smith came up with the idea all those years ago.
“We’re pleased to have been able to support research into breast cancer, but also enjoy the friendships we have made or strengthened through regular walking and talking. I particularly look forward to the breakfast at the end!”
Walkers will finish at the Glebe for a celebratory breakfast of bacon butties and fruit salad. Those wanting breakfast, either walkers or guests, please let one of the organisers know by the beginning of May so she can make sure there is enough to go round.
A donation of £5 is requested to cover the costs of breakfast, vegetarians catered for.
The group is mostly from the Sutton and Mepal area, but anyone is welcome to take part. There is also an option to walk the last couple of miles from Mepal if you can’t manage the full 13 miles.
- 1 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 2 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 3 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold
- 6 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 7 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 8 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 9 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 10 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
To get involved please contact: Liz Thrussell on 01353 777528, Peter and Helen Malkin on 01353 777224 or Peter Smith on 01353 778665.
To sponsor the group, please go to http://www.justgiving.com/Bestboobforward-2014