Walkers raise £360 for Fenland pet rescue centre
- Credit: Archant
FORTY dogs and their owners joined in a sponsored walk on Sunday afternoon, raising about £360 for the Ravenswood Pet Rescue Centre in Wisbech.
“We had a wonderful afternoon, with everyone enjoying the seven mile course, and the dogs got on really well together,” said manager Caroline Trigg.
“We would particularly like to thank The Pet Shop in March for organising the event. Business owner Robert Phipps and his staff did a brilliant job.”
The dogs and their walkers started their walk from The Pet Shop premises in Commercial Road in March, and walked to the nature reserve at Ring’s End, before wending their way back to the pet store.
“We also had a raffle, tombola and cake stall,” added Caroline. “The money raised will be used for vet bills and food for the stray dogs we rescue.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone wanting information about dogs available for re-homing can see details on the web site www.ravenswoodpetrescue.co.uk or can call Caroline on 0844 5555987.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle