Feast of footballing fun for Fenland's walking players
- Credit: RWT Photography/Fenland Youth Radio
Walking footballers in Whittlesey and Wisbech joined together as they took the chance to showcase their skills from yesteryear.
Members of the Whittlesey Walking Football team played with the Wisbech Town and Netherton teams at the Manor Leisure Centre for a morning of fun football on October 3.
The meeting also helped Wisbech boss Jonny Pearce prepare the club’s yellows side ahead of their first season in the Peterborough & District Walking Football League soon.
Despite Whittlesey losing five of their friendlies, they did register a victory against Wisbech’s social reds team, including an own goal.
“It was a great morning of walking football played in the correct manner,” Pearce said.
“Thanks to Whittlesey for hosting and we look forward to welcoming you to our place in the near future.”
Anyone interested in getting involved with the Whittlesey Walking Football team can attend sessions at the Manor on Mondays from 10-11.30am.
- 1 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 2 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Man who sent deputy Labour leader threatening email spared jail
- 6 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 7 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 8 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 9 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 10 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
If you are aged 50 or over and are interested, contact John Bunting on 07934674248.