Walpole St Andrew man, 27, charged with drug offences after unlicensed music event near border of Norfolk and Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
A 27-year-old man from the Fens has been charged with drug offences after an unlicensed music event close to the Norfolk/Suffolk border.
Luke Bills, of Station Road South, Walpole St Andrew, has been charged with three counts of drug possession in relation to cocaine, mephedrone and cannabis.
Bills has been released on bail to appear before Norwich Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday, August 25.
Police officers from Norfolk and Suffolk attended the event at Stanley Hills, Aldeby, near Beccles, shortly before midnight on Saturday and blocked off access points to prevent further people entering.
During the night it is thought around 500 people were in attendance, although this number reduced to 250 by Sunday morning.
You may also want to watch:
The event was closely monitored throughout Sunday with intelligence and evidence gathering processes in relation to vehicles and individuals present. Officers closed the event at about 3.30pm with sound equipment, speakers, turntables and four vehicles seized.
- 1 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 5 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 6 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 7 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’