Wanda has a big fan - all the way from Australia
- Credit: Archant
The story of a cocker spaniel, who kick started a fund raising campaign of more than £9,000 in less than a week, is being followed by a policewoman all the way from Australia.
Wanda was thrown over the fence of a home in the remote village of Tydd St Giles, riddled with sarcoptic mange, barely able to open her eyes and with most of her fur fallen out.
She had recently had puppies.
Her story prompted an outpouring of support and donations from across the country after her story went viral on social media.
One of her fans is all the way from Australia - outback police officer Tiff N Kip.
You may also want to watch:
She said about Wanda’s progress stories: “Keep them coming! I’m watching from Australia and I love a good rescue story. This is my new rescue! A big red kangaroo! Follow us on Instagram under #outbackcop. GO WANDA!”
Wanda is getting her energy and character back and is proving to be a lovable and gentle animal with fans from across the UK who are all egging her on to get well.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 10 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
Shelley Ridgeon, of Ravenswood Pet Rescue, said: “Wanda is making fantastic progress with her foster carer who bathes her daily in special medicated lotion, drops her eyes twice a day and cleans her ears.
“At her vets visit today everything went well, she is still anaemic and so we will be giving her cooked liver this week.
“One eye is healing but the other isn’t quite as good.
“Another injection was given yesterday and will be given another next week also and she is on more antibiotics.
“Someone has sent a coat with her name on, a little girl asked her mum to contact us she has spent her pocket money on a blanket for Wanda, we’ve had donations of food and money - it is incredible how loved this dog is.”