Wanda the global rescue dog sensation will be at West End park for an hour’s meet and greet on Saturday as part of March Summer Festival
- Credit: Archant
Family fun is coming to March this weekend with the popular Summer Festival and among the star attractions is Wanda the rescue dog who will be there for an hour’s meet and greet with her fans.
The festival kicks off at 6pm on Friday with a range of bands at Rock in the Park, then on Saturday 10 at noon it is the March Lions Gala beginning with the classic vehicle parade.
The cars are followed by the main parade and floats headed up by carnival princess Caitlin Beaumont.
Classic Cars will be available to view afterwards at the far end of West End park where fun fair rides will be all weekend.
The timetable is:
You may also want to watch:
• 1.45pm Grand opening of gala and presentations of trophies for Parade.
• 2pm Fancy dress competition and prizes.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
• 2.30pm Lisa Dickinson’s “Dance Mania”.
• 2.55pm Casey Academy Of Irish Dance.
• 3.40 20twenty Productions.
• 4.20pm Abigail Miller.
• 5.10pm Whiskey Twist.
• 6.25 Purple Jimi.
• 8pm All Glammed Up.
On Saturday Wanda will travel in a 1935 Blue Hillman Minx with her new official forever home owners.
Gail Arnold, who nursed the abandoned spaniel back to full health, said: “Wanda has become very much attached to us, as we have to her, over the weeks of treatment. Much as we know she could go on to another very loving home I’m not sure either Wanda or ourselves could stand the heartbreak!”
“The love and support for Wanda has been out of this world. We have never experienced anything like it. It has been global.”
On Sunday June 11 it is Picnic In The Park:
• 12.30pm Fenland Community Orchestra.
• 1.15pm Fenland Youth Swing Band.
• 2pm Madaos.
• 2.45pm The Stringlers.
• 4pm Ben Smith And Jimmy Brewer.
• 5.15pm colouring competition winners and prize draw.
• 6pm The Paddy Maguire Band.
Sunday events include a circus skills workshop, face painting, a dog show, soap box derby and colouring.