Wannabe bakers are urged t get cooking for Fenland’s first ever Business Bake Off
- Credit: Archant
Employees across Fenland are being urged to swap their desks for an oven in a newly organised competition set to raise cash for good causes.
Fenland is buzzing with the news of the Fenland Business Bake Off (FBBO), which is being sponsored by CUB (UK) Ltd, and will take place on Tuesday December 2, #GivingTuesday.
Organiser Jaqui Fairfax, CUB chairman, is hoping staff at Fenland companies will be take home-baked goodies into work to sell to their colleagues to raise money for charity.
Each business can nominate their “FBBO Baker of the Day” who will then be invited to attend the grand final at CUB’s offices in Dartford Road, March, later that day.
Sue Dougan from BBC Radio Cambridgeshire will be there to judge the finalists and award the title of “Fenland Business Bake Off Champion 2014”
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Fairfax said: “We wanted to do something as a business to support charity and we came up with the idea of a Bake Off style competition, but it was a bit limited keeping it to just our company, so we decided to open it up to all busineses in Fenland.
“I’m hoping it will prove successful so that we raise plenty of money for charity, and also so we can extend it to the whole of Cambridgeshire next year. We could then organise a grand final for representatives from the different areas of the county on a different day.”
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 9 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 10 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
Mrs Fairfax emphasised the need for firms to register their interest ahead of the day to make it easier to organise the final judging.
To register your company’s interest in taking part in this fabulous free event please send an e-mail to: email@example.com
CUB (UK) Ltd are partners with #GivingTuesday - http://www.givingtuesday.org.uk/