Want a vintage car for your wedding? Jog on! I’d rather run. Whittlesey mum runs to her wedding day
- Credit: Archant
Bride Sharon Critchell is all smiles as she begins a run of good luck before tying the knot.
The 40 year old and her groom are both big fitness fans and she decided to get to church on time under her own steam by jogging the five miles from her home in Whittlesey to the wedding at Thorney.
The mum of two pulled on her favourite running shoes along with a red tutu and crop top for the journey to the Rose and Crown where they enjoyed a welcome break and drinks before changing into a white running kit for the wedding at the Duke of Bedford Hall.
Husband to-be, electrical engineer Chris Hodgkin, surprised her by proposing during the Great Eastern Run last year at Peterborough.
“Keeping fit is a passion for both of us,” said special needs worker Ms Critchell. “We met at Thorney Running Club.
You may also want to watch:
“It made sense to carry on the running and fitness theme so decided to run to our wedding.”
Joining her on the pre wedding run was the couple’s best man Mark Louth.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
•Do you know someone who has or is planning to arrive at their wedding in an unusual way? Get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org