Want to talk tools? Then join a new ‘Men’s shed’ group to be launched at a camping park in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland camping park, that offers visitors a chance to get back to nature, is looking for people interested in setting up a men’s shed group.
The Secret Garden Touring Park in Wisbech wants to set it up as a place where men can share their tools and resources and get together in a friendly place.
A spokesman for the park said: “The Men’s Shed is a larger version of the typical man’s shed in the garden - a place where he feels at home and pursues practical interests with a high degree of autonomy.
“A Men’s Shed offers this to a group of such men where members share the tools and resources they need to work on projects of their own choosing at their own pace and in a safe, friendly and inclusive venue.
“They are places of skill-sharing and informal learning of individual pursuits and community projects of purpose, achievements and social interaction.
You may also want to watch:
“A place of leisure where men come together to work.”
The Secret Garden is an 11 acre site with 39 pitches with a focus on wildlife and a real camping experience in the heart of the Fens, where all the pitches have fire pits, logs and fire lighting equipment.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
• The park is holding an initial meeting to see if there is any interest in setting up a group on Thursday September 28 from 10.30am to noon at the site in Mile Tree Lane PE13 4TR. For more details call Julie on 07487-064187.