Warning to Mercedes Sprinter drivers after six thefts in Fenland
POLICE are warning drivers of Mercedes Sprinter vans to be vigilant after a spate of thefts in Fenland.
In the past five months six of these types of vehicles have been stolen from locations in Chatteris, Wimblington, March, Manea and Wisbech.
Community Safety Officer Ian Crowther said: “We believe that these vans are being targeted as the engines fit into a number of other vehicles.
“Drivers of these vans should make sure that they are taking steps to prevent themselves from becoming a victim.”
Owners are advised to secure their vehicles and park in a secure and well lit area where possible.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact the Community Safety Unit on 0345 456 4564 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 4 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 5 Suspected arsonist charged after health centre fire
- 6 Town buzzing with buses - for one day only
- 7 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 8 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 9 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 10 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa