Warning to Mercedes Sprinter drivers after six thefts in Fenland
POLICE are warning drivers of Mercedes Sprinter vans to be vigilant after a spate of thefts in Fenland.
In the past five months six of these types of vehicles have been stolen from locations in Chatteris, Wimblington, March, Manea and Wisbech.
Community Safety Officer Ian Crowther said: “We believe that these vans are being targeted as the engines fit into a number of other vehicles.
“Drivers of these vans should make sure that they are taking steps to prevent themselves from becoming a victim.”
Owners are advised to secure their vehicles and park in a secure and well lit area where possible.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact the Community Safety Unit on 0345 456 4564 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 6 Carpenter 'honoured' by thank-you gifts to mark 25 years' service
- 7 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run