Warwick Davis and daughter Annabelle cut the ribbon at special opening
- Credit: Terry Harris
Celebrity patrons Warwick Davis and his daughter Annabelle were in Wisbech for the opening of a centre that means so much to both.
They were in town for the officially opening of the Annabelle Davis Centre at St Peter’s Lodge.
It was the culmination of a long period of fund raising and effort over the three years since first plans for the centre in Wisbech were announced.
It means the Young People’s Counselling Service now has a base in Wisbech from which to provide support and counselling as a “family resilience centre”.
Its aim is to provide support for families at critical moments in their lives.
Warwick and Annabelle have been supporting the charity since it opened its first centre in Yaxley.
The charity says the Annabelle Davis Centre is a community-oriented place “that we are happy to be sharing with other organisations like The Kite Trust and Centre 33. supporting young people in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough to bring much needed services to the area”.
- 1 Two vehicles in ditches after crash on A141 between March and Guyhirn
- 2 Man, 37, named as A14 death crash victim
- 3 Paddleboarder dies after getting into difficulty on river
- 4 Fraudster rented out homes for cannabis factories worth over £300k
- 5 ‘We should be offered compensation’ - Campaigner's plea to Steve Barclay
- 6 Chip shop’s new platter dish ‘The Great Gordon’ tribute to late founder
- 7 Health secretary to investigate financial redress for mesh-injured
- 8 Man who glassed another man in the head after a fight jailed
- 9 Man suspected of touching child outside supermarket
- 10 Tea rooms left 'gutted' after daylight burglary
Its spokesperson said: “We cannot express how thankful we are for all donations and pro-bono work we have received to make this dream come true.”