Was Hollywood actor, Samuel L. Jackson really spotted at The Cock Inn, March?
- Credit: Archant
Drinkers at a pub in March were left ‘star struck’ after a Hollywood look-a-like made a quick stop at the Cock Inn.
A picture has emerged - that you may need to look at twice - of Hollywood legend Samuel L. Jackson’s doppelganger stopping off for a pint in the Fens this week.
Tina Canavan, barmaid, who is convinced she served the real Samuel L. Jackson, saw the man and froze. She invited him into the pub where he asked to use the toilet.
After a short toilet break, the man came out and spoke to people at the bar, bought everyone a drink, posed for some photos and went on his way.
Ian Gibbons, who took a photograph with the man, said: “The guy said he was doing a movie scene with Tom Cruise and he’s seeing him on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
“He could be a method actor, he was in character the whole time we spoke – I’ve never seen the man round here before, but we don’t know if it was him – the faces are very alike.”
Ian says he told the man: “You look like Samuel L Jackson” and the man replied: “I get that a lot”.
- 1 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 2 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 6 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 7 Man who sent deputy Labour leader threatening email spared jail
- 8 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 9 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 10 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
After Ian’s selfie was posted online, people started heading down to the pub to see if they could catch the Hollywood look-a-like and get a photo of their own.
Ian added: “I didn’t ask the man for his passport or some photo ID, but he definitely looks like him. After he bought us all a drink it led us to believe it could well have been him.”
What are your thoughts? Was this really Samuel L. Jackson? Have you seen any other celebrity look-a-likes in the area? Let us know on Twitter @CambsTimes.