Watch as this cyclist is sent flying by a car that failed to stop after it emerged from New Road, Chatteris
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist had the shock of his life when a car inexplicably pulled out of New Road, Chatteris, and sent him flying.
The dramatic moments were caught on camera by Peter Scott who happened to have his dash camera on yards from the junction.
One resident said: “I was there just after and staff at Boswell’s said the cyclist was fine just very shaken. A police officer drove him home.”
The incident happened at around 8am on Monday.
A Chatteris Facebook discussion group has been critical of the driver.
You may also want to watch:
“As a cyclist I can relate to that some drivers are just so ignorant and impatient,” wrote one woman.
Another wrote: “My husband caught a similar accident on his dash cam a few weeks back. I’m starting to think that all vehicles should be fitted with them for insurance.”
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 7 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
A woman posted: “The car at the junction wasn’t going very fast. It doesn’t make it any better and it could have been a lot worse. But compared to other incidents it was a low impact, although it probably didn’t feel like that to the guy on the bike.”
One other post said: “It shouldn’t have happened. She knew there was a junction so she should have stopped. Not really a mistake just a really bad decision. She chose not to stop.”
And another posted: “Bad driving error could have cost someone their life.”