Waterlees adventure playground nominated for national award
- Credit: Archant
THE team who run the adventure playground at Waterlees in Wisbech has been shortlisted for a national award.
They are in the running to be Playwork Team of the Year at this year’s National Playwork Conference, which takes place in Eastbourne next week.
The playground, which was opened in 2010, attracted 12,000 visitors last year.
Lead playworker Reuben Francis said: “We are delighted to have been shortlisted for the award. It’s great that the hard work and dedication of the team has been recognised.
“Our playworkers have a philosophy of never giving up on anybody, and our consistent approach has led to huge progress being made.
You may also want to watch:
“We have been able to build strong relationships with some of the hardest to reach young people in the area.”
Councillor Samantha Hoy, Cambridgeshire County Councillor for Wisbech North added: “I have always been proud of the playground and what it has achieved in the Waterlees area, so I am delighted that the playwork team have been recognised in this way.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
“The playground has been an unqualified success for the area – and that success is largely down to the excellent team who run it.”