We love to play outside! Beaupre Community Centre in Outwell nominated for national award
- Credit: Archant
A community playgroup for youngsters has been nominated in a national competition that encourages children to get outside to play.
Beaupres Under 5’s centre in Outwell has been nominated in a Play More campaign.
The competition works by the public nominating a nursery who go above and beyond to get children outside and playing.
The 15 most deserving nurseries will then receive one of the following prizes; a £500 grant, a toy shed or a mural.
A spokesman for Beaupre said: “Sedentary children are a massive problem; studies have found that children spend as little as five hours outside each week, as opposed to 45.5 hours in front of a television.
“The nominator couldn’t heap enough praise on the work of the staff, highlighting their love for the nursery.
“The nursery provides affordable care to the community and outdoor play is clearly an important part of this.”
- 1 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 2 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 3 Over 6,000 homes approved across Cambridgeshire this year
- 4 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 5 Chatteris Fire brigade respond to nearly 20 calls in two days
- 6 Heather's Hedgehog Hotel in Chatteris officially opens
- 7 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had worsening dementia’
- 8 Mayor's visit inspires Fenmen to cup thrashing
- 9 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
- 10 'Why not have two stations?' - Villagers air their views on £37m rail project
Competition organisers hope by improving nursery playgrounds they can encourage young children to make the most of the outside.
• If you would like to win outdoor equipment for your child’s nursery visit www.sudocrem.co.uk/social-hub and nominate.