We love to play outside! Beaupre Community Centre in Outwell nominated for national award
- Credit: Archant
A community playgroup for youngsters has been nominated in a national competition that encourages children to get outside to play.
Beaupres Under 5’s centre in Outwell has been nominated in a Play More campaign.
The competition works by the public nominating a nursery who go above and beyond to get children outside and playing.
The 15 most deserving nurseries will then receive one of the following prizes; a £500 grant, a toy shed or a mural.
A spokesman for Beaupre said: “Sedentary children are a massive problem; studies have found that children spend as little as five hours outside each week, as opposed to 45.5 hours in front of a television.
You may also want to watch:
“The nominator couldn’t heap enough praise on the work of the staff, highlighting their love for the nursery.
“The nursery provides affordable care to the community and outdoor play is clearly an important part of this.”
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
Competition organisers hope by improving nursery playgrounds they can encourage young children to make the most of the outside.
• If you would like to win outdoor equipment for your child’s nursery visit www.sudocrem.co.uk/social-hub and nominate.