We need Mepal Outdoor Centre - it’s a valuable resource to groups across Cambridgshire
AS the leader of a local Brownie Pack I know first-hand how valuable Mepal Outdoor Centre is to the community and to local groups.
If we lose access to the centre, especially in an Olympic year, it will have a devastating effect.
Somebody please do something to sort this out, for the sake of all our children.
I THOUGHT this was a council-run centre? If this closes, it will be a disaster as the nearest similar places are Ferry Meadows in Peterborough or Grafham Water. This is something that Fenland should be fighting to keep.
- 1 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 2 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 3 Over 6,000 homes approved across Cambridgeshire this year
- 4 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 5 Chatteris Fire brigade respond to nearly 20 calls in two days
- 6 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had worsening dementia’
- 7 Heather's Hedgehog Hotel in Chatteris officially opens
- 8 Mayor's visit inspires Fenmen to cup thrashing
- 9 'Why not have two stations?' - Villagers air their views on £37m rail project
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash