We need nature
I READ with interest the letter from John Stoneman. I too am a member of Wildlife Protection. Why do people fail to realise that once our green spaces natural world has gone, it is forever. Humans rely on natural resources – plants, trees, creatures. All
I READ with interest the letter from John Stoneman. I too am a member of Wildlife Protection.
Why do people fail to realise that once our green spaces natural world has gone, it is forever.
Humans rely on natural resources - plants, trees, creatures. All these foretell us of good clean air (trees) clean rivers (otters and water creatures). Honey bees not only make honey, they foretell the health or ill health of our own environment; they pollinate the growing life of all our natural things.
Birds play an important part too. Where you find healthy birds breeding there will be good air, clean water, and natural food sources.
You may also want to watch:
We need our wildlife, our green spaces, clean clear air, and unpolluted water. Swallows bring us joy as they herald a summer. Lucky people have their nests in their sheds or under eves.
Let us protect and save our precious wildlife before it has gone forever.
- 1 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 2 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 3 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 4 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 5 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 6 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 7 March Town mark long-awaited return with victory in double-header
- 8 More anti-Semitic graffiti appears in Ely
- 9 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 10 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
MS J SMITH