We present our seasonal round-up of pantos you might like to catch this Christmas and New Year
IT’S that time of year again, time for the catchy tunes, audience participation outrageous costumes and good old family entertainment.
Yes, forget all the stresses and worries surround Christmas and start the new year by enjoying a great pantomime. You will be guaranteed lots of awful jokes and you will have to agree to lots of clapping, stamping of feet along with booing and hissing of course.
Each panto has a villain or baddie that you can love to hate, a Dame which is usually a male actor in drag, and a principal male part usually played by a female.
There are lots of pantomimes featuring celebrity guests but local amateur productions are also often very good and entertaining.
BURY ST EDMUNDS
Theatre Royal – Mother Goose Friday, runs until Sunday, January 16. Various times, tickets �24.75-�7.25.
Tel: 01284 769505.
- 1 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 2 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 3 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 4 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 5 'Why not have two stations?' - Villagers air their views on £37m rail project
- 6 Chatteris Fire brigade respond to nearly 20 calls in two days
- 7 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 8 Heather's Hedgehog Hotel in Chatteris officially opens
- 9 Jury to go out in trial of driver accused of causing toddler's death
- 10 Over 6,000 homes approved across Cambridgeshire this year
Arts Theatre – Aladdin, runs until Sunday, January 16. Various times, tickets �30-�10, children �15-�10>
Tel: 01223 503333.
Corn Exchange – Snow White on Ice, last day Friday, December 31. Tickets �26.50 to �19.50, concessions available, times vary.
Tel: 01223 357851.
Town Hall – Sinbad The Sailor, runs Friday, January 28 to Sunday, January 30. Performances Friday 7.30pm; Saturday 2.30pm & 7.30pm, Sunday 2.30pm, tickets �7.50 under 10s �5.
Corn Exchange – Jack and the Beanstalk, runs from Thursday, December 9 to Sunday, January 2. Various times and prices.
Tel: 01553 764864.
Theatre Royal – Jack and the Beanstalk, from Tuesday, December 14 to Sunday, January 16. Times and prices vary.
Tel: 01603 630000.
Key Theatre – Jack and the Beanstalk, runs until Sunday, January 9. Times vary, tickets �15.50-�13.50, conc available).
Tel: 01733 552439.
South Holland Centre – Sleeping Beauty, runs until Sunday, January 2. Times vary, �12.50, conc �11.50, �42 Family Deal (4 people of which at least 2 are available.
Tel: 01775 764777.
Angles Theatre – Jack and the Beanstalk, last day Friday, December 31. Times vary, �10, conc �8, �32 family (2 adults, 2 children), group discounts available.
Tel: 01945 474447.