We’re not so daft
I AGREE With Chris Bennett (letters last week) in thanking Fenland District Council for the blue recycling bins, because that is exactly where I put the orange vote no flyer he put through my letterbox on Friday evening. I have been a council tenant for
I AGREE With Chris Bennett (letters last week) in thanking Fenland District Council for the blue recycling bins, because that is exactly where I put the orange 'vote no' flyer he put through my letterbox on Friday evening.
I have been a council tenant for more than nine years and am certainly not as daft as his letter suggests that we 'yes voters' are.
I have made my decision on the facts given after visiting the Circle Anglia trailer, reading the documents and going to the Ivy Leaf Tenants Association meetings, and am fully satisfied with the answers to my many questions.
Jean Key, Brenda Reynolds and other volunteers have worked hard to get all tenants from young families to the elderly and disabled the best offer and I would like to say thank you to all these people.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million