We’re out to find contenders for the 2011 Kids Are Alright Challenge
WE’RE back on the trail of some of Fenland’s unsung heroes as we launch the 2011 Kids Are Alright Challenge.
Our inaugural campaigned turned the spotlight, for once, on the many youngsters whose service often goes unnoticed, and unrewarded, and we were delighted in 2010 to recognise those who made a difference.
Throughout the first half of 2011 we will be featuring young people who you nominate to receive the recognition you feel they deserve.
We want to hear from teachers, parents, family members, friends and anyone in fact who knows of a young person contributing to make Fenland a better place.
They may be youngsters caring for parents or siblings, they may be youth or community workers doing valiant work, or may simply be young people who have distinguished themselves by going the extra mile to raise funds for charity, to support local groups and organisations or overcoming personal obstacles to achieve success.
You may also want to watch:
The Kids Are Alright campaign is now being rolled out across other parts of the country but its here in Fenland it began- and its here in Fenland we aim to continue it.
Monthly winners will be decided by a panel of judges and receive �50 in High Street vouchers and there will be certificates of commendation for every youngster we feature.
- 1 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 4 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 5 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 8 Count admits he 'must carry personally' some blame for losses
- 9 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
The awards will culminate in July with a special event at Wisbech Boathouse and overall winners will be determined by public vote.
Now, however, we want your nominations. Use either the coupon on our website or, if you find it simpler, send briefs details of your nomination vial email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Put Kids Are Alright in the message line and be sure to include your contact details.