We’re out to find contenders for the 2011 Kids Are Alright Challenge
WE’RE back on the trail of some of Fenland’s unsung heroes as we launch the 2011 Kids Are Alright Challenge.
Our inaugural campaigned turned the spotlight, for once, on the many youngsters whose service often goes unnoticed, and unrewarded, and we were delighted in 2010 to recognise those who made a difference.
Throughout the first half of 2011 we will be featuring young people who you nominate to receive the recognition you feel they deserve.
We want to hear from teachers, parents, family members, friends and anyone in fact who knows of a young person contributing to make Fenland a better place.
They may be youngsters caring for parents or siblings, they may be youth or community workers doing valiant work, or may simply be young people who have distinguished themselves by going the extra mile to raise funds for charity, to support local groups and organisations or overcoming personal obstacles to achieve success.
You may also want to watch:
The Kids Are Alright campaign is now being rolled out across other parts of the country but its here in Fenland it began- and its here in Fenland we aim to continue it.
Monthly winners will be decided by a panel of judges and receive �50 in High Street vouchers and there will be certificates of commendation for every youngster we feature.
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 4 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 5 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 6 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 9 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 10 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
The awards will culminate in July with a special event at Wisbech Boathouse and overall winners will be determined by public vote.
Now, however, we want your nominations. Use either the coupon on our website or, if you find it simpler, send briefs details of your nomination vial email to: email@example.com.
Put Kids Are Alright in the message line and be sure to include your contact details.